last tuesday, jovie was 22 weeks, 6 days, & 13 hours old when The Mr. & i finally were brave enough to take her to a restaurant. we took her to chick-fil-a because:
- – i was dying to try the chocolate mint shake they have
- – we knew it would be a quick eat
- – she IS a georgia girl*.
she did very well! and santa cow even came over. she didn’t care at all. we weren’t there even 30 minutes. & by the end she needed dad to distract her with toys. but it was a VERY GOOD start! normally her first experiences are scary to her. we’ve been trying to go out a lot to get her OK with being in the car. and it’s worked. and she’s been much better lately, but still- it coulda gone either way!
we’re not really the “take our baby to restaurants” type. so these experiences will likely not be a common occurence. however, it was very nice that she cooperated. i have hopes she’ll continue to cooperate next time i want that DE-LISH milkshake! annnnnd, since we’ll be in columbia, SC in a few weeks— Rush’s, here we come!
*there are 3 things i’ve noticed that happen when you live in GA.
- you like chic-fil-a
- you like coke… real coke. not just the southern term for ALL soft drinks. because, yes- it’s true. when you offer a southerner a coke, they’ll ask “what kind?”
- if you were not already a fan of a particular team, you like the braves.
god we’ll miss Pushing Daisies! the words in italics was my little homage.