sunday, may 10th- mother’s day:
- Me: thank you for the sweet cards & gift. that was thoughtful.
- Mr: you’re welcome.
- Me: ……can i tell you something funny?
- Mr: sure.
- Me: i’m NOT saying that you should’ve, or that i wanted you to get Clemson for me, but i was surprised that you didn’t, is all.
- Mr: ??? ok?
- Me: I thought you were going to…
- Mr: why?
- Me: well, it’s just that a few days ago, you mentioned needing to call your dad instead of emailing. on the same night i was going out to dinner.
- Mr: oh, ok.
- Me: and then, when you didn’t call & yesterday you said you had to call your mom right around the time they’d be leaving, but not right then because you were feeding jovie and you needed 2 hands (???)…
- Mr: i was feeding her.
- Me: no, i know. but i thought you were making an excuse b/c i was around. you ended up calling them when i was upstairs getting dressed.
- Mr: yeah. hmmm.
- Me: so since you never call them, i assumed it was b/c you had to get Clemson sent to them b/c obviously you couldn’t send him here if you were surprising me, since i’m home all day. and also because you knew i didn’t buy him & there was only one left.
- Mr: right. funny.
monday, may 11th- after The Mr. left for a business trip:
so it was already on the way…
The Mr. is fantastic at gift-giving & surprises. i think i’ll keep him.