so 13 months came and went on sunday. i said repeatedly how i needed to post. to commemorate the number 13 of course. but as you see, i didn’t.
as i mentioned in a recent post, i’m likely not going to go around and tell everyone that jovie’s 13mos old. i’ll just say a year. but still- 13 is kinda special.
here are some random goings-on:
- just this morning she decided she knew how to crawl down the stairs. & successfully did 4 of them on her own- i wasn’t even prompting her. in fact, it’s been over a week since i tried to guide her down the last time. guess she figured out now that it’s the same as getting down from furniture….
- which she does ALL. DAY. LONG. she’ll crawl to the window and stand up. and crawl to the couch and stand up. and crawl to the chair and stand up. and crawl to the ottoman (aka baby gate) and stand up.
- she LOVES music. when we sing to her, when we play it, when there’s a musical chime like if we reboot or something. she’ll stop what she’s doing, give a little wiggle & a smile, and be on her merry way.
- she is starting to cruise ever so slightly. especially to get to the computer at one end of the couch. she did better before she knew how to get down from the couch…. but now she knows it’s much quicker to crawl under my legs and stand up again to get to it.
- yesterday she began to let go w/ one hand while standing up on me and/or the couch.
- her bangs are ridiculously long. too bad i can’t keep her cute all day long with a barette….
- because she’ll eat it. truly- she ate her barette! so for the last month, we are probably more diligent than we need to be- but man, that was crazy! she seriously ate that thing w/o any problem or our knowledge. she was in the backseat while The Mr. was taking her to the park. in less than 5 min. he noticed it was gone. surely she didn’t eat it. not that quickly nor silently. we tore the car apart several times. just to be sure. well, a few days later….. it was confirmed. so now she can’t wear one when she naps or rides in the car. oy vey!
- and now i see how easy it is. b/c she swallows a lot of her food whole too! especially the yummy stuff. (baby raviolis that i still have to quarter, veggie puffs from gerber that i have to break in half, etc…)
- she finally began to suck from the sippy cup spout. i wish i had any kind of mechanical knowledge so i can invent the sippy cup that lets one or 2 drops out and that’s it. b/c she’s been sucking it for quite a long time. but every time i’ve tried the plug, if she wasn’t getting any, she didn’t know to suck. so when i show her how to do it and start sucking in my cheeks, she just gives me her adorable goofy grin and laughs. we’re still working on doing this more consistently.
- recently she has taken to some links that she has. you can usually find her crawling around with one in each hand.
- after waiting for about a month for that tooth to finally poke thru, she now has an even set of teeth. 4 up top and 2 on bottom. complete with spaces.
- it’s easy to get her to giggle these days, and i do it often. it’s so adorable & surprisingly quiet. i know she can be quite loud. in her voice, and of course her cries/screams! (she has never had that cute newborn cry).
- yesterday she ate PIZZA for supper! did y’all hear me?? (unfortunately, it was “light on the sauce”- so i hope next time she’ll also enjoy it).
so now that she’s as old as she is, i just don’t ever think to have the camera poised on her so often. all i have is video of the pizza. i didn’t grab my camera.
but here are a few recent shots of her, her rings, and her mess of hair!