i am very glad i remember how to post to this here site.
i will try to do better this year. you know, resolutions and all!
in the interest of time, i will do a quick post with quick pictures to appease the masses.
- thanksgiving was, as usual, great! we enjoyed our time in greenville and jovie was particularly excited to do something we saw some kids do a few trips ago…. it was awesome! AND she met a girl there and spent over an hour playing and talking! they now have become penpals and it would be great to see her next year!
- jovie’s performance in her recital was the best yet. i was quite nervous for her after seeing her rehearsal. but the performance was great!
- aunt barbara & uncle steve came down for a night to do some christmassy things. that was a lot of fun; and the next day we all went to see Rudolph again at the Center for Puppetry Arts. we all loved it!
- christmas was pretty tame around here. but still quite fun:
- gramma & grampa were able to come back and we had a lot of time lazing around. it was quite wet & mildly floody. not at all like the unfortunate events in columbia, sc a while back. our power even went out for about a half hour and i convinced the g’s to play LeftRightCenter for m&m’s. it was a fun xmas eve.
- this year was the most excited jovie was for wanting to run downstairs on xmas morning! i had to make her wait on the steps for dad to get everything ready. gramma & grampa woke up and waited upstairs, too. it reminded me very much of when i was a kid. that was a lot like our tradition, too. when she finally got down there, she was pleased!
- her biggest surprise gift was the canopy we got her that she never outright asked for; and hadn’t mentioned since her birthday! she loves it!
- since then, we also enjoyed Potter Christmas and spent the night in columbia. we went to the outdated State Museum which was fun but in need of more current things!
- from then we have spent mostly indoors with all the rain. we did have a beautiful afternoon where we met friends at a park. then more rain and storms.
- oh and then there was a LOT of football watching. and happy dancing! GO TIGERS!!!!
we hope 2016 will be just as terrific as 2015 was.